Two of the members of our support team, Virender and Yuvraj, recently traveled to Singapore. Here is their trip report.
We started from Chandigarh and took the very first flight out from Amritsar to Singapore on Scoot Airlines. The Scoot airlines flight was fun with amazing hot meals, and crew to keep us entertained.
We landed in Singapore late in the evening, and grabbed a taxi from the airport to our company accommodation. It was quite close and took us 20 minutes to reach. Given how well this beautiful city has been planned, it was not tough to find the exact address .
We spent two days training and being trained with one of our clients. We were being trained on a technology that was new to us, and in turn, training them with our systems and processes. In between our training sessions, we always enjoyed the MRT journeys going and coming back from the training center.
After this, we visited the offices of our major client to provide training on a new module that we had just released to them, as well as running training on the modules that they regularly use.
Things to Do in Singapore:
We were in Singapore during a National Holiday, Hari Raya Puasa. We used the time to explore the city. Here are a few things we did on our time off:
- Visit the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Head up to the Skywalk on the 61st floor and take in the incredible views of Singapore. While you’re still there, there’s a nightclub on the 62nd floor, and the views from the rooftop infinity pool are incredible. Make sure to check it out in the evenings and at night.
- You can enjoy a laser show just outside the Marina Bay Sands mall (8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.), and a light show late in the evening (starts from 7:00 p.m.) at Gardens by the Bay behind the Marina Bay Sands hotel,
- Explore the CBD area with its Hawker street market at night to try some local delicacies,
- While you walk up in the CBD, you can also visit the Singapore Icon – Sentosa, and click some pictures,
- After that, you can grab a train to Harbor Front, go on the level 3 and grab a train to Sentosa Islands that covers multiple stops – Universal Studios, Madame Tussauds museum, the Aquarium, and many more attractions,
- If you miss India and home food, go to Little India for some shopping (at Mustafa – get off at Farrer Park MRT station) and some Indian food at many stalls out there, and
- For a glimpse into Chinese culture, go to Chinatown and enjoy a stroll.
There are many more things to do depending upon the time at hand. You can go to Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari, and a Nature Walk covering the beautiful green areas that have been maintained brilliantly by the authorities there.